Do you have a student with special needs?
Research shows one in five students struggle in the classroom. Because of the discouraging effects of learning difficulties, school can become a place of great frustration. At Lakewood Christian Schools, we want ALL students to feel and be successful in their academic progress, and so we have developed The Opportunity Program to help our students with learning challenges.
What is the Opportunity Program?
The Opportunity Program is for students with Special Needs from mild to moderate learning challenges such as…
- Visual and Auditory Processing Challenges
- High Functioning Autism
…and any student who may need small group, multi-sensory instruction to achieve success.
What does the Opportunity Program look like at LCS?
The LCS Opportunity Program is a pull-out program with an additional monthly cost that provides the following services:
- Small group, researched-based multi-sensory instruction in reading, writing, spelling, handwriting and mathematics
- Mainstream support that may include pre-teaching, skill and concept reinforcement, and an appropriate accommodation plan
- Academic assessments, interpretations, and recommendations
- Referrals for school psychologists, occupational therapists, and speech & language therapists as needed
Our program is led by Mrs. Marci Young, who has a Master’s degree in Special Education, as well as training in the Opportunity Schools methods.
How does my child join the program?
Enrolled LCS families may call or come by the school office anytime to learn more, and get details on pricing and programming. 562-425-3358