LCS is accredited by two organizations!
Lakewood Christian schools is proud to be accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Accreditation is a process in which a school is formally reviewed by educators outside their organization to certify the school is meeting all formal official requirements of academic excellence, curriculum, facilities, etc.
View our Accreditation Report
Major Commendations as of June 2016
Visiting team members representing Association of Christian Schools International and Western Association of Schools and Colleges commend Lakewood Christian Schools for:
- Being good stewards of the resources that God has provided to make major campus improvements and build strong financial reserves which enable the school to continue to offer a variety of programs that help them to fulfill their mission.
(ACSI Indicator 2.7; WASC Criteria D.1) (Interviews with board, administration, faculty, and parents; Observation of facilities and budget)
- Facilitating an environment that is supportive of students, families, faculty, and staff which indicates a commitment to the mission and philosophy of the school and biblically based relationships therein.
(ACSI Indicator 4.3; WASC Criteria C.1) (Interviews with faculty and parents; Observations of multiple classrooms)
- Providing elective classes that focus on active student engagement, the achievement of essential knowledge and skills, biblical wisdom and understanding, and higher-order thinking skills.
(ACSI Indicator 5.4 WASC; Criteria B.1, B.2, B.3) (Interviews with administration, faculty, parents, and students, Observation of classroom instruction, curriculum guides, course descriptions, and performances)
- Showcasing each student’s God-given talents through creative expression musically, artistically and dramatically.
(ACSI Indicators 5.1, 5.4, 5.18; WASC Criteria B.1, B.2, B.3) (Interviews with administration, faculty, parents, and students; Observation of LCS Self-Study, pp 47-48, various documents, and school website)
- Providing a cohesive, supportive, and uplifting environment enabling them to use their godlytalents to create a familial community to further God’s Kingdom at LCS.
(ACSI Indicator 3.12.; WASC Criteria C.1) (Interviews with board, administration, faculty, staff, parents, and students; Observations of student gatherings, classroom instruction, ESOs, and mission statement)
What are the main benefits of an accredited Christian school?
Accreditation is a very involved lengthy process that a school voluntarily decides to do. It encourages ongoing improvement through continual self-assessment and systematic school development. So what are the benefits to my family?
- You are assured that the school is true to their mission and core values.
- You are confident in the education your children are receiving because the school has been audited and has surpassed the important components of a quality education.
- You know that the school values excellence in educating your children. Accreditation does not stop after they receive their certification. Schools that go through this process are interested in constantly improving the quality of education they provide. They are evaluated on a regular basis and work at improving based on feedback of the accreditation team.
- As your children continues their education, accredited schools are recognized with confidence by other schools.