Club Mission: Through our gift as performers, we serve our school by creating laughter, generating thought, and sharing God’s word.
About our club: Students must successfully complete Drama I and Drama II classes in order to be considered for club. Students must maintain grades no lower than a ‘C’ in order to participate in club. Students learn all aspects of drama production from stage design, lighting, acting, costuming, make up, and more. All productions are student directed and produced. This program provides the steps needed to begin a career path in the theatrical arena both in acting and the extensive technical side of the theater.
- All productions are student directed and produced.
- 6 – 10 productions a year – this is more than the majority of high school drama teams perform.
- LCS Drama Club includes an Improv and Combat Team.
- Opportunity to work with professionals – our students have performed with the: London Shakespeare Company, Long Beach Shakespeare company, and MyArt.
- High-level targeted field trips, such as, Paramount Studios (high school level tour), Disney Back Lot Tour (high school tour), etc. Field trips are different each year based on opportunities and availability.
- Students provide technical support for school events, such as K-5 Christmas program, choir programs, etc.
- Community outreach is also a vital part of the program. An annual play is performed for Preschoolers in our local community