Lakewood Christian Academy: A Homeschool Option
Lakewood Christian Schools has an alternative for families who would like the benefit of the LCS community while working from home.
Lakewood Christian Academy is a homeschool that has been a part of our program since 2013. LCA is for students in grades K-12, whose families want an independent homeschooling option. Families choose their own curriculum, plan their own lesson plans, and partner where they would like, all while being under the legal “umbrella” of Lakewood Christian Academy.
LCA director, Rebecca Reinis, collects lesson plans, attendance and grades from parents each quarter, and manages student files and transcripts.
Families enroll in LCA by completing the application below and paying an annual tuition of $250.00. Discounts apply for returning families and for multiple children.
The LCA tuition covers:
- A private school affidavit as your legal umbrella, K-12
- Cumulative records on file with attendance and health records, standardized test scores and report cards
- Official transcripts
- Authorization for work permits
- Use of facilities for PSP events
- Weekly email newsletter, “Bear Tracks” to be informed of LCS events
- School pictures/ LCA Student ID and Parent(teacher) ID
- Standardized testing on the LCS campus each April
- Invitation to LCS chapels (Fridays at 8am for MS, and 8:45 for ES)
- Invitation to MS (grades 6th-8th) electives
- Electives are 5 days a week, for 9 weeks, for an additional $250 per quarter
- Electives are two periods: 6th period from 12:50-1:30, and 7th from 1:30-2:16
- MS Band & Choir are a year-long elective requiring a daily commitment for an additional $1,000
- LCA students must commit to daily attendance when choosing this option
- Invitation to 4th-8th grade trips See LCS for prices and details
4th – Sacramento/ San Francisco
5th – Science Camp in the mountains
6th – Washington DC
7th – Science Camp – Catalina
8th – Mission trip to El Paso, Texas
For more information call the school office at 562-425-3358 and ask for Mrs. Rosquin.
Lakewood Christian Academy
Private School Program/ Homeschool
Financial Facts 2018-2019
New families $150 per year per family
Returning families $75 per year per family
Tuition: (10 payments, September – June)
Your tuition covers the cost of our PSP Director who manages your files, grades and transcripts, Standardized Testing materials and scoring, and a small budget for copies, postage, and other office supplies, as well as facility use for PSP events.
Middle School Electives:
Electives are 5 days a week, 9 weeks, for an additional $250 per quarter
MS Band & Choir are a year-long elective requiring a daily commitment for an additional $1,000
- Tuition is due and payable on the first of each month and late after the 3rd. Late fees will be assessed after the 3rd for $50. First and last month’s tuition are non-refundable.
- Tuition accounts must be kept current. The school reserves the right to terminate the tuition contract if parent responsibilities are not met.
- All accounts will be billed monthly through LCS and will include tuition, late fees and any other fees incurred.