Development Enrichment Program for children 3, 4 and 5 years old.
Lakewood Christian Preschool was established out of a genuine love and concern for young children and a strong belief in the importance of the family in the growth and development of children.
Have a question or want to schedule a tour? Call or email us today!
LCS Preschool is Unique
As a parent we know you are taking careful thought on what your child needs and where they will be able to grow, learn and mature emotionally and spiritually. We are proud to introduce you to what makes Lakewood Christian Preschool so unique. We provide:
- A safe and loving environment to encourage individual progress.
- Meaningful, age appropriate learning activities that help build an “I-can-do-it” attitude and a life long love of learning.
- An atmosphere of freedom and flexibility where children can experiment, find solutions and make choices at their own pace.
- Readiness skills that lay a foundation for future educational challenges.
- Opportunities to help children make sense of the world around them, cooperate with others, and develop confidence in their abilities.
- Nutritious snacks and the cultivation of health, good conversation, and a thankful heart.
- Bible stories and Christian examples to increase a child’s understanding of God and His love for us.
- Two teachers in each classroom of 15 children.
- An experienced, well-trained, long-term and professional staff.
To serve the families of our church and community by providing an enrichment program for young children that emphasizes learning through play, a developmentally appropriate curriculum, and a genuine respect for each child’s unique character and individual growth rate.
The truths of God’s Word (the foundation of all learning) are taught through Bible stories, guided conversation and by example. Parents are valued as a child’s most important teachers, and parent education is a vital component of our program.
To sum up the complex phenomena of learning and development in a few words is a difficult task. Simply put, we believe that children learn best in an environment that is safe and loving, where they can initiate meaningful activities that are age appropriate and teacher supported, in an atmosphere of play. This is the develop- mental perspective of early childhood education. It is an individual process that follows each child’s own timetable within a predictable age range.
The developmental process encompasses the whole child.
Provide activities that help develop both large (legs, arms, back) and small (fingers, eyes) muscle control. These physical activities build neurological pathways in the brain that are necessary before the child can successfully proceed to the higher levels of formal education.
Provide activities (dramatic play, taking turns, conversation) that help children make sense of the world around them and learn to care for, cooperate and problem solve with others.
Guide and encourage children through activities and situations that help develop confidence, self-help skills and a better understanding of self, family and culture.
Working with each individual child’s strengths and needs, provide activities that promote a life long love of learning and encourage creativity, curiosity, and their emerging skills in literacy, language, investigation and math.
Increasing a child’s understanding of God and His love for them. In simple, age appropriate ways through Bible stories, prayer, the Christian example of the teachers and by teaching character traits (kindness, obedience, forgiveness) this is a daily part of our curriculum.