We love to support our community!
- Many of our students write letters to our soldiers serving our country.
- We walk down and bless our local Alzheimer’s care facility with songs.
- LCS Band performs at many local events blessing people with music.
- Our Video Club produces videos for the community through Public Service Announcements and more.
- Our Drama Club annually performs a free play for Preschoolers in our community.
- Each year at Thanksgiving we enjoy a food drive for the needy. We partner with Arbor Road Church to make complete meals for families in our local community. Any extra donations go to fill our church’s pantry with food for the homeless throughout the year.
- On a volunteer basis we encourage our students to participate in local run/walk events.
These are just a few examples of ways we are actively involved in our community.
Serving And Loving Time
As part of our Middle School Bible curriculum we include “SALT” which stands for “Serving and Loving Time” – every week the students love others by serving. This can be surprising their sibling by doing their chores or mowing the lawn for a neighbor. As they serve they record their time spent and this is part of their homework grade. Service does not always come naturally and this helps students to learn how to serve and the benefit is how exciting it is to love one another.