Club Mission: Using the gifts that God has given us: we serve our school, church, and community through documenting memories, creating short films, publicizing events, and participating in film festivals.
About our club: Students must successfully complete Video I and Drama II classes in order to be considered for club. Students must maintain grades no lower than a ‘C’ in order to participate in club. Students learn all aspects of video production from handling a video camera, editing, lighting, live-cut production and more. All video productions are student directed and produced. This program provides the steps needed to begin a career path in the film and video production field.
- Club averages 15 – 20 films per year.
- In 4 years of video club over 53 production projects have been completed.
- LCS Video Club has received over 35 awards.
- Enter 3 – 5 film festivals a year. We have received awards from Hollywood International Student Film Festival, International Student Media Festival, Windsong Film Festival, and A.C.E.T. Film Festival.
- Our dedicated students put in an amazing amount of service hours, some students as much as over 100 hours in one school year.
- Receive an opportunity to work with professionals.
- Honored to work with Arbor Road Church‘s technical equipment to learn to create Live-cut videos (a skill usually learned at a college level).