LCS Leadership Team is a service club (similar to student council) for Middle School students who want to develop their leadership skills through service and ministry.
The purpose is to provide opportunities for students to learn about Godly leadership, and act on those skills, often stepping out of their “comfort zone” in order to serve others.
The team theme verse is 1 Timothy 4:12 “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in faith and in purity.” Our Leadership Team strives to be an example on our school campus.
Leadership Team’s desire is to be servant—leaders. Members are not voted in, the way student council at another school may be. Our future leaders apply, and must meet certain criteria.
Students must have a desire to develop their leadership skills and have a willingness to serve, and…
- Have no D’s or F’s in any class, and a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Attend all meetings and participate in all club activities
- Attend church and/or youth group regularly
- Have parental permission and support
- Be willing to step out of their “comfort zone” to serve
- Have two teacher references and one reference from a Pastor, Youth Leader, or Sunday School teacher.
Leadership Team members plan middle school events such as Spirit Week, our Christmas Outreach project, class holiday parties, Spiritual Emphasis Week, run the snack cart at nutrition break, Grandparents Day and many others.