Our school provides an academic, spiritual, and social foundation for students so that upon 8th grade graduation they will be well prepared for high school. Balance is sought by providing a loving, caring, and developmental atmosphere.
Lakewood Christian Schools will commit to produce students who have:
- Students will learn to read, write, think, and compute as measured by the standards for each grade and subject.
- Students will understand a Biblical Worldview and how it fits into each subject area.
- Students will use technology, as appropriate, to enhance and facilitate learning.
- Students will participate in music, art, and other performing art to enrich learning and creativity.
- Students will steadily progress towards each grade level, and ultimately 8th grade graduation, to excel in the high school program of their choosing.
- Students will regularly hear the Gospel and be given the choice to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior.
- Students will commit to learning the Word of God by studying the Bible and memorizing scripture at their level.
- Students will be given opportunities to demonstrate their love for God through service projects, missions, and worship.
- Students will write a personal belief statement by the end of 8th grade, demonstrating what they believe about their Christian faith and why.
- Students will learn preparedness and organizational skills.
- Students will be encouraged to show leadership in the classroom, as well as school-wide, in order to practice honesty and integrity.
- Students will have the opportunity to develop their character and discipline through participation in various community events.